How To Clean a Dab Rig
Now that legal cannabis has become more common across the US, we’re seeing people looking to explore everything THC products have to offer. Dab rigs may be new to many people, which means that learning basic dab rig maintenance is more important than ever.
At New Galaxy Gifts in Orlando, we know that cleaning dab rigs is the secret to having a great experience every time.
Here’s how you can keep your wax rigs clean.
Why Dab Rig Maintenance Is So Important
You might have seen a friend really let their bong go in between cleanings, but you just can’t get away with that level of neglect on a dab rig. Dab rig maintenance is necessary for getting clean, smooth pulls every time you smoke.
Because dab rigs smoke cannabis concentrate, you will get more gunk buildup and need to clean it more frequently to get a good experience.
Your Dab Rig Cleaning Supplies
Here are the basic supplies you need to clean a dab rig.
- Isopropyl Alcohol AKA Rubbing Alcohol
- Coarse Sea Salt
- A zip top Bag
- Q Tips (Cotton Swabs)
How To Clean a Dab Rig
Cleaning dab rigs can seem challenging, but here’s the best way to clean your rig from top to bottom.
- Start by cleaning the nail by burning off excess gunk, then giving it a once-over with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- If the nail is too dirty, take out the banger nail and place it in a zip top bag and cover with rubbing alcohol. Let soak for a few hours, then clean with a cotton swab.
- Empty the water from your rig — you should always pour out leftover water at the end of each sesh.
- Add a splash of isopropyl alcohol to your rig and swirl it around.
- Use another cotton swab to clean any places that have too much gunk buildup.
- Rinse with warm water for a minimum of three minutes. You need to thoroughly rinse your rig to remove all isopropyl alcohol for safe smoking.
How To Clean a Dab Rig — No Alcohol
If you don’t like the thought of usually potentially dangerous alcohol in your dab rig, you can get it clean with only sea salt and boiling water.
This method works best on dab rigs that are well maintained. Clean often, and you’ll never have to use harsh cleaning chemicals to get your rig clean.
All you need to do is follow the above cleaning instructions, but add hot water from a kettle — fresh off the boil — and coarse ground sea salt instead of isopropyl alcohol. That’s it! Just replace the rubbing alcohol with very hot water and coarse sea salt.
Wrapping Up Cleaning Dab Rigs
Now you can show your friends how dab rig maintenance is done! Dabs, wax, and other concentrates are a great cannabis smoking experience, but you need to keep your rigs clean to enjoy them long-term.
New Galaxy Gifts has everything you need, whether you’re cleaning dab rigs or looking for quality wax rigs in Orlando.
Categorised in: Dab Rigs