If you’re always looking for the next new smoking experience in Orlando, FL, you might consider trying a nectar collector. Nectar collectors are a self-contained, simple and portable dabbing tool. If you enjoy dabbing, try taking your experience to the next level with this new device.
Here’s how nectar collectors work, and what you can get out of them.
What is dabbing?
If you’re not already familiar with dabbing, it’s a way to smoke sticky cannabis extracts. You might also hear dabs referred to as butane hash oil (BHO), wax, budder and shatter. These dabs are heated, then smoked through a dab rig, a device that heats the dab and allows you to smoke the vaporized dab.
What is a nectar collector and how is it different?
Nectar collectors are a type of dab rig, also known as a “percolating dab straw.” They can vaporize cannabis concentrates like a regular dab rig, but they’re simpler and use a dish to eliminate most of the mess. They also use water to percolate, but have a spill-proof design that users love.
Instead of putting the dab on a nail or banger, you put the hot tip in a small pile of hash in your dish. You heat the tip the same as you would with a nail, let it cool slightly, then tap the hot tip along the cannabis concentrate. The longer you hold the tip against the dab, the bigger it will be. Some users find it prudent to keep tapping the tip while pulling the vapor. Then the vapor travels through the straw-like chamber and up to the mouthpiece. You can then inhale, hold and exhale like you would with a regular dab rig.
Pros and cons of nectar collectors
- Portable: The best part of a nectar collector is its portability. Unlike most dab rigs, it’s easy to take with you and smoke on the go in Orlando, FL.
- Self contained: Unlike regular dab rigs, nectar collectors are self contained. All you need is a plate and a heating tool to get the vapor percolating.
- Spill proof: Spilling dirty water all over can make a huge, unpleasant mess. Nectar collectors are designed to be spill proof.
- No temperature control: Unlike regular dab rigs, there’s no temperature control in a nectar collector. You’ll probably have to do some practicing before you find the right temperature for dabbing.
- Awkward shape: Finally, nectar collectors have an awkward shape, which can make them a little unwieldy to use. Since the tip gets so hot, you’ll need to be extra careful when passing it around. Also, beware of the components falling out, since they’re not secured.
Now that you’re more familiar with what nectar collectors are, why not try one for yourself in Orlando, FL? You might find that this fun new piece of vaping technology is the perfect smoking accessory for your collection.
Stop by New Galaxy Gifts to find nectar collectors, dab rigs and other smoking devices, or call us to ask about our selection.
Categorised in: Smoke Shop