Whether you are new to vaping or have been doing it for a while, you may have questions for your local vape shop in Orlando about how to care for and maintain your device. For example, how often do you need to replace the coils on your vaporizer? How long do the coils typically last? Here are some of the signs that it’s time to change your vape coils.
Lifespan of vaporizer coils
Coils are components in vaporizers that will need to be replaced in time. However, how long they will last hinges on a few things, including how often you vape, how you vape and how you treat your device and the coils.
In general (and assuming you practice regular care and maintenance), your brand new vape coils can potentially last one to two weeks. Its life also depends on how you treat your vaporizer during use and when not in use. If you take care of your coils, you can save money by not having to replace them all the time, and your vape flavors will stay fresh.
Here are the top five signs you need to change your vape coils:
- You taste burning: One of the most common signs of coils that need replacing is inhaling a burnt taste when vaping. Old coils will contribute to a burnt taste regardless of the flavor of e-juice you are vaping. Each hit off your vaporizer should taste pleasant, not disgusting, so if hits begin to taste like blackened toast, the first thing you should do is check the coil and replace them if needed. It’s usually too late to clean the coil once a burnt taste appears. Simply replace them to reduce the risk of damage to your vaporizer.
- The e-juice tastes odd: Another sign your coil needs changing is e-juice that tastes off. An odd taste is an indicator of bad coils, which is why you should never ignore strange tasting e-juice flavors. Change the oil in your device, then try the e-juice again for freshness.
- You hear a gurgling sound: Hearing a gurgling sound when you vape is not unusual, but it’s not exactly normal either. While this type of sound does not automatically mean there’s an issue with your vape coils, you should check it to be sure it doesn’t need to be replaced. Remember, a bad coil will hinder vaporizer efficiency.
- Your device is leaking: A leaky device could be due to an old coil, a busted o-ring or an overfilled tank. Carefully take your device apart and exam the coil to determine if it indeed needs to be replaced.
- The coil is old: As we mentioned earlier, vape coils do not last forever. If you use your device regularly, plan on replacing the coil every week, or once every couple weeks for moderate use.
For more information about vaporizers and vape coils, don’t hesitate to contact New Galaxy Gifts. Visit our vape shop in Orlando today for a selection of smoking products and supplies—pipes, vaporizers, hookahs, papers and more!
Categorised in: Vape Shop